Please review the Middlebury-wide Policies and Policies for Language Schools contained in the Middlebury Handbook. These policies apply to ALL Language School students.
In addition to the policies above, please also familiarize yourself with the following important information:
- Emergency Information
- Active Threats
- Sexual Violence Resources & Information
- Title IX Coordinator
- Middlebury at Bennington Safety & Security Information Summer 2022
- Bennington Annual Security & Fire Safety Report 2021
The ability of Middlebury to achieve its purposes depends on members of the campus community upholding our commonly accepted standards of conduct, which enable the highest quality of teaching and learning. Broadly, these are referred to as our Community Standards. Middlebury seeks to prepare students to be active citizens and leaders who will address the world’s most pressing problems. This mission is advanced through students’ experiences with successes and challenges, and is reflected in the following Community Standards:
- cultivating respect and responsibility for self, others, and our shared environment;
- encouraging personal and intellectual courage and growth;
- manifesting integrity and honesty in all decisions and actions;
- promoting healthy, safe and balanced lifestyles;
- fostering a diverse and inclusive community committed to civility, open-mindedness and finding common ground.
Therefore, a balance of individual and community health and growth guides Middlebury’s approach to all endeavors, and to the policies that support those endeavors.