Information for Accepted Students

Enroll for Bennington Campus


ALL students, new or returning, must submit the deposit and the enrollment/rooming form. The enrollment process is not complete until  BOTH  the deposit and the enrollment/rooming form are received by the Language Schools.

1.1 Pay $400 non-refundable deposit and complete Enrollment/Housing form.

To secure your place, you must submit a $400 non-refundable deposit. If you require funding from Middlebury in order to attend, you may wait for a financial aid or fellowship decision before submitting the deposit. If you are able to attend whether or not you receive funding from Middlebury, please submit your deposit as soon as possible to secure your place.

Enrollments are processed on a rolling basis until the program is full. Once a program has filled, accepted students will no longer be able to submit a deposit.

  • Log back into the Applicant Dashboard.
  • Click “View Your Decision”
  • Click “Reply to Offer” (bottom right corner)
  • Click “Accept Offer”
  • The next screen will ask you to confirm your intent to enroll and ask for an electronic signature.
  • Select the method you will use to pay.
  • Submit

1.2 Fill out Enrollment Form

Log back into the Applicant Dashboard. Click “Enrollment Form” found on the bottom right corner, fill it out, and submit it.

1.3 Obtain your visa and submit all visa and complete all US tax documentation (INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ONLY)


Non-U.S. citizens who are not U.S. legal permanent residents enrolling in the Middlebury College Language Schools in Vermont must have a non-immigrant visa status which allows them to enroll in courses full-time.  Tourist status does not allow full-time study.

International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) at Middlebury assists students with obtaining non-immigrant visa status to attend the Language Schools.  ISSS reaches out via email to all admitted and deposited students who are marked as non-U.S. citizens or non-U.S. permanent residents in our system after the first of March.  ISSS will determine if visa support services will be needed and give specific instructions on how to obtain the appropriate support at that time.

Most international students attending the Language Schools do so in F-1 (student) status. To be eligible for F-1 status, you first must obtain an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility Form from Middlebury, which is available on the ISSS website. Please be aware that it can take several weeks to obtain an F-1 visa, and we are not able to issue I-20 forms until your non-refundable enrollment deposit has been received.  Therefore, we encourage you to submit the enrollment deposit and I-20 application as soon as possible in order to allow ample time for the entire visa application process.  (Note: If the I-20 application is received by ISSS after May 1, there may not be adequate time to obtain the proper visa for entry to the United States.)

International students already in the U.S. should contact ISSS for more information and confirmation about whether they can use their status for study in the Language Schools.


If you are a Nonresident Alien for Tax Purposes, you should assume you will be taxed on payments made to you or on your behalf by the college or institute. Rates are based on your country’s tax treaty, your visa status and the type of income you receive. Another important element is your signature on tax documents within the Sprintax system. Treaty benefits do not apply if you fail to complete and sign the needed informational documents.

Be sure to enter and update your information in the Sprintax system if you are a non-resident alien or international student, faculty or visitor. If you have not received an email introducing you to Sprintax, please contact the Tax Office. If you fail to enter visa status in Sprintax, the Tax Office will assume you are traveling on a waiver. This may result in a higher tax withholding on any payments.

For questions about why we charge you for taxes, and how we determine the amounts, please contact the tax office at

1.4 Submit these additional forms IF applicable.

A.  Accommodation Request Form (ADA, summer only) – You can find more information here.

B.  Assistance Request Form (ADA, abroad year)

C. Special Dietary Request Form  for Bennington Campus  – Please note that dining facilities are designed to accommodate the average tastes and needs of students. Alternatives to meat are provided at every meal for vegetarians.

Acknowledgement of Risk in Co-Curricular Programs

The co-curricular programs of each school are an integral part of the Language Schools’ immersive learning experience, designed to help you build new vocabulary while developing cultural fluency. These activities include, but are not limited to, lectures, films, music, cooking clubs, yoga, theater and choir clubs, soccer, volleyball, tennis, bocce, dance, hiking and bicycling outings, and field trips. Risk of personal injury is inherent in some of these activities. While students are expected to participate in the co-curricular programs of their school, participation in any specific activity is voluntary.  By participating, each student affirms that they are solely responsible for assessing the skills and abilities to participate safely in any activity. They also affirm that they have adequate health insurance to pay for any medical costs incurred as a result of their voluntary participation.