GENERAL RESOURCES ON CAMPUS
There is always an officer on duty at the Mills main gate 24/7; however, Public Safety maintains an adminstrative office in CPM 113 which is open Monday thru Friday, 9am to 5pm (with the exception of 1 to 2pm).
On any of the Language Schools program move-in dates, Public Safety officers can assist late arrivals by providing the arrival packet, housing key or assistance with accessing the HMDS office and issuing keys or performing unlocks.
Telephone: 510.430.5555 (use this number also for escort & shuttle service)
FAX : 510.430.3344
For medical emergencies call 911. Afterwards, please call Mills College Public Safety at 510.430.5555 or x5555 so that they can direct medical personnel where to go on campus when they arrive.
For all other health care, Middlebury at Mills uses Golden Gate Urgent Care, a comprehensive facility nearby in Oakland. More information is available at www.goldengateurgentcare.com. An appointment is not necessary for urgent care.
You can be taken to Golden Gate Urgent Care free of charge by contacting your School’s Bilingual Assistant. They have pre-filled taxi vouchers for your use.
Before the pharmacy will deliver your medication, you must call the pharmacy with your insurance and payment information. Plan ahead—they can provide same-day delivery if you call early. You may also transfer a prescription from your home pharmacy to a Mills College area pharmacy. To do this, contact the pharmacy of your choice to make those arrangements.
The Mills Library has an extensive collection of Language School books, and can be checked out anytime with your Middlebury at Mills ID card.
A copy of the Middlebury at Mills LIS Student Guide is available here.
The Mills-Rockridge Shuttlee runs Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays June 14 through August 9. You must show your ID to ride the shuttle. Please click here for the 2019 shuttle schedule.
BART trains run from Rockridge into downtown SF approximately every 20 minutes. Visit www.bart.gov for train schedules.
TECHNOLOGY RESOURCES ON CAMPUS
Canvas is Middlebury’s Learning Management System, a digital learning environment used by some of the Language Schools. A course written specifically for students, with clear instructions for how to navigate and participate in a Canvas course, is available here.
If your tech issue is more general in nature, you may contact the Mills Technology Helpdesk for assistance. Please call ext. 2005, email email@example.com, or stop by Lucie Stern, Room 21. Helpdesk staff summer hours are generally 8am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. More information is available via the Middlebury at Mills Information Gateway. It contains extensive information on services and support, use of facilities, access to your computing accounts, how and where to print, how to use email and insert foreign characters into documents.
The banks closest to Mills Campus are:
Bank of the West*
3062 East 9th Street
Oakland, CA 94601
*A Bank of the West ATM machine is located in Rothwell Center on campus.
Bank of America
4054 Macarthur Blvd
Oakland, CA 94619
3438 Fruitvale Ave
Oakland, CA 94602
LOCAL INFORMATION LINKS
The NL stops at:
- Laurel District (Limited shops and restaurants, Farmer Joe’s Grocery, shopping closest to Mills)
- Fruitvale Ave (large Farmer Joe’s Grocery, Safeway Grocery Store)
- Grand Lake Theatre/Lakeshore (Shops, restaurants. Walking distance to Lake Merritt)
- 19th BART Station
- Downtown San Francisco
The 57 stops at:
- Laurel District
- Fruitvale Ave
- Grand Lake Theatre/Lakeshore /Lake Merritt
- Piedmont Ave (Shops, restaurants)
- Macarthur BART Station (also Free Emery-Go-Round shuttle to Emeryville shopping district)
The 58L stops at:
- Laurel District
- Fruitvale Ave
- Grand Lake Theatre/Lakeshore/Lake Merritt
- 12th BART Station
- Oakland’s Chinatown
- Jack London Square (Shops, restaurants, Amtrak Station, Concentra Urgent Care Clinic)
- Friendly Cab, East Bay (510) 536-3000
- Yellow Cab, San Francisco (415) 333-3333
- Bayporter Express (877) 467-1800 or (415) 467-1800
- Super Shuttle (800) 258-3826 or (415) 558-8500
- Taxi and Shuttle bus services from Oakland Airport
- Taxi and Shuttle bus services from San Francisco Airport
- Transit.511.Org is a helpful tool to navigate Bay Area Public Transit, including AC Transit buses, BART trains (subways) and ferries. Transit.511.Org includes a Trip Planner. By typing in start and end destinations or landmarks, Transit.511.Org shows public transportation routes, fares and schedules.